You enter the interior of Benchmark through either the port or starboard sliding doors into the large wheelhouse. From this point, you can access multiple areas: There is a doorway leading aft to the galley, a stairway leading down to the accommodations and a ladder leading up to the large flybridge.
If you continue aft through the door, you will enter into the large galley which features full-size appliances, granite countertops, plentiful storage. Conveniently located across from the galley is a huge dinette that can seat many of your friends and family. The galley's breakfast bar opens into the spacious, tastefully decorated salon which features a large sectional sofa and abundant windows offering exceptional views and natural light. The aft deck can be accessed from here via a door on the starboard side.
Forward in the wheelhouse, you can go down a short stairway into the accommodations. In this area, there are four full staterooms, each with its own ensuite head. The private master stateroom is all the way aft featuring a centerline, king-sized berth and a large dressing room.
Finally, the large flybridge can be accessed from the wheelhouse by climbing up a ladder. The flybridge is fully covered by a bimini and has built-in seating for entertaining your friends and family while enjoying spectacular 360 degree views!
Hatteras flush deck wheelhouses are hard to beat. They have excellent visibility, plenty of vertical dash space to flush-mount the navigational electronics and sliding pilothouse doors port and starboard. These doors allow direct access to the forward side decks, making single-handed docking a breeze. From this area you will find a ladder leading to the large flybridge, a doorway leading to the galley and a stairway leading to the accommodations.
From the wheelhouse, if you move aft through the door, you will enter into the large, luxurious galley. The space takes advantage of the full beam of the boat. All the appliances are updated stainless steel. Granite countertops are complimented by recently installed backsplashes. The windows in this area open and have screens. The galley is separated from the spacious salon by a breakfast bar. A large dinette is located conveniently next to the galley where the chef can visit with family and friends while cooking a feast.
The master stateroom on Benchmark occupies the aft 1/3 of the lower deck. It is one of the largest you will find on any 65' yacht. It features a walk-around, king-sized bed with custom mattress, a large dressing room with sink and vanity, lots of hanging storage and drawer space and an enormous ensuite bathroom with a Jacuzzi tub. There are plenty of opening port holes with screens. This is a beautiful stateroom!
- Kingsize centerline bed - custom mattress
- Large dressing room with vanity and lots of storage
- Custom sink with gold faucet
- Sony Bravia Flat Screen color TV
- Cruisair AC SMX controls
- Night/reading lights
- Mitsubishi Diamond audio am/fm/casette player
- Ensuite head w/ Galleymaid head, whirlpool tub, and molded sink
- Large cedar-lined hanging lockers
The full beam salon combined with the tastefully decorated interior, gives the sensation you are on a much larger yacht. This area features beautiful windows and light, huge wrap-around sofas, entertainment center, wet bar and built-in custom desk.
- Hatteras System Monitor
- Dansforth Compass in Stainless Binnacle
- Rudder Angle Indicator
- Naiad Stabilizer control
- ICOM IC-M127 VHF
- Datamarine Chartlink LCD XT Color Chartplotter
- ACR-100 Spotlight Control
- Raytheon Hailer
- Chart Light
- Windshield Wipers w/Washers
- Datamarine International Offshore Depth Sounder
- Datamarine Navigator Speed
- Simrad-Robertson AP-300X Autopilot
- Furuno 14" High Resolution 72 Mile Color Radar
- Bennett Trim Tabs
- Hynautic Steering
- Custom Adjustable Helm Seat
- Cruisair AC SMX Controls
- Chart Storage
The flybridge on Benchmark is one of the best spaces on board to gather and has room for a crowd. The helm is forward with twin helm chairs and full controls. Aft to port is a wet bar with refrigerator below. Further aft are two long U-shaped seating with two long tables with ample storage below. The entire flybridge is covered by a very substantial bimini with new Stamoid cover.
Benchmark has been in the boatyard bringing her up to date post survey. Although in remarkable condition survey items were addressed to make her even nicer. Bottom paint and most services completed in September, 2020:
- New Backsplash to Match Stainless
- Stored Water Maker Components (Not installed)
- Cruising Spares
- Service all Air Conditioning Units
- Replaced One Air Conditioning Unit
- Serviced Generator
- Serviced Washer Dryer Controls
- Replaced Head Pump (Under Deck, Starboard Engine Room)
- Cosmetic Updates
- Replaced Head Pump (Outboard of Starboard Engine)
Port Engine Room
- Replaced Pressure Switch for Water Pump
- Replaced Air Conditioning #1 Seawater Pump
- Rebuilt Air Conditioning #2 Seawater Pump
Starboard Engine Room
- Replaced 2 Head Pumps (Mid and Master)
- Replaced 24v Solenoid for Master Head
- Replaced Battery Charger
- Added Separate Starting Battery for Generator
- New VHF Radio
- New Bimini and Fittings
- Repaired Hatch
- Replaced Autopilot Control Head
- Renewed the Windlass, complete overhaul including rechrome
- New Anchor Roller and Hardware
- Repaired Glendenning Power Cord Reel
- Added Chain Slide to Allow Free Fall into Locker
- Cover for Windows
- Cover for Sunning Cushions
- New Bottom Paint
- New Zincs
- Propellers Trued (Report Available)
- Trim Tabs Straightened and Serviced
- Serviced All Through Hulls and Sea Cocks
- Serviced All Bilge Pumps
- Inspected All Connections
Mechanical and Electrical
This fine Hatteras 65 has benefited from the past and current owners exceptional care. She is in great condition, including being freshly out of the boat yard where routine maintenance was taken care of: truing the props, fresh bottom paint and complete overhaul of the windlass including re-chroming the gypsy and capstan.
- Twin 870 hp 12V71 TA Detroit Diesels
- Port engine 1858 hours reported overhauled at 999.5 hours
- Starboard engine 2031 hours reported overhauled at 1063 hours
- 20 KW Onan Generator
- All house and start batteriesreplaced 10/2020
- Naiad Stabilizers
- Bennett Trim Tabs
- Twin Racor Double 75/1000Max filters for the mains
- Four Rule 3700 Bilge Pumps
- One Rule 2000 Bilge Pump
- Electric oil change system
- Seven Cruisair Air Conditioning Systems
- 12' Nautic
- 40 H.P. Yamaha
The Listing Brokerage Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel regardless of information provided. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. PLEASE NOTE: All electronics are listed for verification purposes but not warranted in the selling price of the boat.
Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, any warranties expressed or implied and/or any engine service as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
All the yacht brokerage agents at the listing company are Independent Contractors.
David Jackson CPYB
Thirty Seven Years Experience in Professional Yacht Sales
Licensed and Bonded Florida Yacht Broker
- Cell: (713) 806-8953
- E-mail: David@LittleYachtSales.com