Midnight Pass is one of those vessel that you should make the time to see. She has been meticulously maintained and is extremely well equipped. She is a rare find on todays market and a true "Turn Key" opportunity ready for her next owners to move their gear on aboard and start cruising. The Caliber 40 LRC is an excellent couples boat, because of her wonderful design and appointments. The rugged construction, heavy rigging and cockpit design provides safety and comfortable offshore passage making in stiff breezes and rough seaways.
1999 Caliber 40 LRC
Basic Boat Info
Engines / Speed
- Make: Yanmar
- Model: 4JH4E
- Fuel: diesel
- Engine Power: 54|horsepowerhp
In terms of accommodations, no boat of comparable size comes close to the Caliber 40 LRC(Long Range Cruiser). The Caliber 40 LRC has two true staterooms that are expansive and private with there own privately accessible heads.
The owner's stateroom is forward and instead of a confining V-berth there is a generous offset queen size Pullman berth with custom made mattress to port with abundant storage space and drawers below and a bookshelf over the berth. To starboard there is a large cedar-lined hanging locker with shelf storage and the optional additional storage unit with additional drawer space. The owner's stateroom also features a spacious dedicated private head that has a separate walk-in shower with a built-in shower seat with teak slats and a large Plexiglas shower door to separate the shower from the basin/toilet area. The basin/toilet area provides plenty of elbow room and plenty of storage area above and below the sink. This combination provides the owner?s with luxurious accommodations for living aboard or extended stays
The same kind of comfort, convenience and privacy is provided for guests in the private aft stateroom with its double berth that can also double as a sea berth on offshore passages. The aft cabin also has a large cedar-lined hanging locker and a storage locker below the berth and private access to the aft head.
The main salon is well illuminated and richly furnished in teak and takes full advantage of 6'5" headroom and a wide beam. With the folding table up the result is a "living room" that's perfect for reading a book, watching television or entertaining guests. With the table down it creates the prefect area for dining with a large group when the occasion arises. Storage area is generous in the main salon. There are storage lockers above, below and behind the port and starboard settees. There are also shelves with book bars above the settees. When extra quest arrive the port L shaped settee converts to a large single or small double berth and the starboard settee is equipped with a lee cloth for use as a pilot berth when underway. Teak wall panels make this a warm and inviting area where much of you time will be spent.
The aft head has dual accessibility. It can be accessed from the main salon area by day or privately by the guests in the aft stateroom at night.
A gourmet cook would love this large and efficient L-shaped galley. It features a 2 burner LPG gas stove with oven and a 6 cubic foot top loading refrigerator/freezer. It has lots of storage space for food and utensils, and more than enough counter space to prepare multi-course meals
- Double Stainless Steel Sinks, near Center-line
- Hot & Cold Pressure Water
- 2-Burner Galley Maid Propane Stove & Oven
- Sea Frost Refrigeration
- Sea Frost Freezer
- Note- the refrigerator and freezer compartments are separate compartments and each has its own holding plate and compressor.
- Manual Freshwater Foot Pump
- Safety Bar in Front of Stove
- Hide Away Trash Bin
The dedicated navigators station located aft near the companion way and gives the navigator a secure location to plot a course and monitor the electronics. There is space to mount a full range of electronic navigation equipment on the drop down designed for this purpose. The chart table is large enough to make chart reading and plotting easy and the lid raises for instrument and chart storage. There is also additional storage under the navigators seat.
- NavPod Instrument Pod Mounted on Pedestal Guard with Raymarine ST60 Tri-Data and ST60 Wind Displays and Raymarine RL70C Chartplotter.
- Pedestal Mounted 6 Ritche Magnetic Compass·
- Simrad Hydraulic Autopilot with Hand Held Remote Control.
- Raymarine ST60 Multi Displays located in the Cockpit Area and at the Navigation Station.
- Cockpit Speaker
- Raymarine 125 GPS Antenna
- Raymarine RN300 GPS Receiver with external antenna mounted at navigation station.
- Note: - GPS antennas are Redundant and either Antenna can be selected for use by the either the Raymarine RN300 GPS Receiver or the RL70C Chartplotter.
- Raymarine 4 KW Radome Scanner mounted on Questus Self-leveling Backstay Antenna Mount.
- Standard Horizon Intrepid VHF Radio with Helm Remote.
- ICOM 710 SSB Marine Transceiver with I-com AT-130 Automatic Antenna Tuner.
- Insulated Backstay for SSB Antenna
- Pactor II E Modem
- Raymarine RC70 Radar Display mounted at navigation station.
- Fluxgate Compass
- Dantronics TV/AM/FM Antenna
- 110 Volts 50 Amp AC Electrical System
- 12 Volts DC Electrical System
- 12 Volts Outlets (2)
- 60' Shore Power Cord
- Panda 4KW Generator with Sound Shield
- Batteries, (2) 8 D gel, Engine & Generator (Installed March 2020)
- Heart Freedom 25 Inveter/Charger with Link 2000-R with temperature sensors for house batteries
- Battery Charger/Controller, 20 amp for Engine & Generator Batteries Note: Can be used as a Back- Up Charger for House Batteries
- Separate Main Engine and Generator Starting Batteries.
- Galvanic Isolator
- Polarity Indicator & GFI
- Battery Selector Switch
- Automatic shower sump pump
- Dual fuel filters
- 2 Electrical automatic bilge pumps with manual override
- Emergency tiller
- Engine room light
- Generator Hour Meter
- Engine compartment blower.
- Fresh water engine cooling
- Holding tank deck pump-out
- Holding tank with Y-valve
- Hot water heater
- Manual bilge pump
- PYI Feathering 3-blade Propeller
- Sea strainer with easy access
- Single lever engine controls
- Fuel Filter Vacuum gauge
- 100 Amp Balmar Alternator with Link 2000-R regulator
- Newmar alternator noise filter
Caliber's trademark* design incorporates a Multi-Bulkhead Bonding System*, an Integral Strength-Grid System* for strength and safety, integral baffled tanks act as double bottoms while adding tremendous rigidity to the hull structure, with additional strength from the integral sub-sole. Additionally, there is a Water-Tight Collision Pocket*
- Masthead Tri-Color and Anchor light
- Mooring cleats (6) and chocks
- (12) Stainless steel opening ports with screens
- 28" Lifelines with gates port and starboard
- Anchor roller platform with double staggered rollers
- Anchor, 45# CQR with 250? 5/16? HT chain & 250? rode.
- Bimini Top, with partial Side Screens and Aft Sunscreen
- Dodger with 80g. lexan windows
- Cockpit coaming boxes (2)
- Full set of Cockpit cushions
- Cockpit drains (3)
- Cockpit ice box
- Companionway soft cover
- Deep divided anchor locker with room for fender and dinghy fuel storage
- Dorade vents (2) - with guards & screens
- Hot and Cold pressure water systems
- Spreader Lights
- Combination Steaming & Foredeck light
- Hatches (7) with screens
- Helm cover
- Inspection ports on tanks
- Low maintenance aluminum hand rails
- Low maintenance rub rail with stainless steel striker
- Molded swim platform with boarding ladder and freshwater shower
- Mushroom vent in shower
- Pedestal guard
- Propane tanks, (2) 10 lb.
- Rail mount BBQ
- Simpson Lawrence 9000 Electric Windlass
- Stainless steel bow pulpit
- Stainless steel stern pulpit
- Two-tone non-skid
- Whitlock cockpit cup holder
- Whitlock cockpit table
- Window hatch covers
- Color coded running rigging
- Convertible Cutter interstay with sail
- Deck-mounted 4 to 1 traveler
- (2) Genoa halyards
- (2) Main halyards
- Harken roller furling on Genoa Inboard genoa tracks
- Internal adjustable outhaul
- Internal halyards led aft to cockpit 110% Jib with UV cover
- Main Sail (Furling)
- 140% Genoa (Furling)
- Staysail/Storm Sail
- Keel-stepped, double spreader, aluminum mast with Selden in mast roller furling
- Rigid boom vang
- Self-tending staysail
- Twin backstays
- Upgraded primary winches 50CST
- ACR 406 Offshore EPIRB
- Adult Life Preservers (6)
- Fire extinguishers (4)
- Fare Kit
- Horseshoe Life Preserver with stainless rack
- Life Sling Buoy
- Man overboard pole & holder
- Carbon monoxide sniffer
- Automatic fire extinguishing system for engine & generator compartment
- Sea Anchor
The Listing Brokerage Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel regardless of information provided. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. PLEASE NOTE: All electronics are listed for verification purposes but not warranted in the selling price of the boat.
Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, any warranties expressed or implied and/or any engine service as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
All the yacht brokerage agents at the listing company are Independent Contractors.customContactInformation
Rusty Hightower: Experience, Integrity and Results!
Call: (941) 730-7207 or E-mail: email@example.com